What are Ear Candles?
Also popularly called "Hopi Ear Candles", these are hollow tubes, usually of natural unbleached cotton fabric that are carefully dipped in beeswax or paraffin to make a semi-solid form that is used for the delicate removal of excessive humidity in the outer, middle & inner ear canal.
What are some of the Benefits of "Ear Candling"?
The use of Ear Candling has been noted in many cultures around the World, like in Ancient Egypt in North Africa, where they used reeds and notably recently getting recognized in the Native Indian Hopi Culture of North America.
Although the reeds have now transformed into hollow cotton wands dipped in beeswax or paraffin, the benefits have continued into the modern times of today, where, despite the propaganda stating that "they don't do a thing", many continue to bear strong witness to their healing effects and utilize them in their regular detoxification and healing protocols.
Although there have yet to be any tests that may scientifically prove this, for thousands of years, it has been stated by Traditional Medicine Practitioners around the World that Ear Candling does the following:
- Improves Attention and Memory
- Balances the Central Nervous System
- Alleviates Brain pressure through a type of "Intracranial Detoxification"
- Removes excess humidity from the Inner, Middle and Outer Ears
- Facial Nerve Relaxation
- Cortical (Cerebral) Purification
- Relaxes Nervous Tension
- Alleviates headaches
- Improves Sleep
- Balances the entire body
- Improves Tinnitus Symptoms
- Improves Dizziness
How to properly use an Ear Candle?
Directions for Ear Candling (Video coming soon) are:
- Set a glass of water within arms' length of you. This is to safely douse out the fire of the candle.
- Place the Ear Candle in a fireproof dish or disk.
- Have a towel or cloth underneath the fireproof dish/disk to protect clothing from the falling ash-- which will leave a semi-permanent black soot stain.
HOW to CANDLE (AT YOUR OWN RISK)
WARNING!!! Although many may prefer to do this for themselves, it is not necessarily recommended for anyone who is doing it for their first time few times. It is really advisable that if you do, you have someone with you to assist because you are in a sense "playing with fire". YOU HAVE BEEN DULY WARNED so PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Lie on your side, light the open end of the Ear Candle and place it in a heatproof dish/disk
- It is advisable to wear non-flammable clothing during this procedure. So using a simple cotton shirt will be the best and safest option.
- Place a mirror directly in front of your face, so you can see the candle AT ALL TIMES.
- Place a towel around your ear and head to protect from the falling soot.
- Light your Ear Candle and carefully place the other end into your ear and PAY ATTENTION to it.
- After the Ear Candle burns down to approx. 3 inches from your head or when you feel the heat intensify against your hand, remove the Ear Candle and DOUSE IT OUT in the WATER.
- REPEAT as many times as necessary.
- WHILE EAR CANDLING: MAINTAIN A DISTRACTION-FREE ENVIRONMENT for your own safety!
Our Ear Candles are available in three (3) styles: Flute, Horn & Trumpet. Honestly, we haven't found any noticeable difference in performance based on the style, so it is your preference whichever one you prefer.
Flute: These are the same width from top to bottom.
Horn: These begin wide at the top and taper at the bottom.
Trumpet: These, like the Horn style, begin wide at the top and taper at the bottom.
Our Ear Candles feature "Ear Guards"...
Our candles also come with an Ear Guard as an additional safety feature, to protect against any falling ashes during the process.
Our Ear Candles come in various sizes based on Style:
Flute Size: 9.25 x 0.25 in.
Horn Size: 8.75 x 1 in. (largest end)
- Trumpet Size: 9.25 x 0.5 in. (largest end)
- Trumpet: Three (3) Colors: Mandarin, Vanilla, Matcha
Horn: One (1) Color: Ivory
Flute: Two (2) Colors: Mandarin, Mocha
Our Horn Ear Candle also comes with a silver safety ring to easily hold a reusable heatproof disk. This makes Ear Candling very convenient and easy.
Order yours today for your own use at home or with your clients.
For our Practitioners, we also have wholesale options available.